Indian Dal Soup Recipe | Vegan Yellow Lentil Soup
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
1. Toor dal - Half cup
2. Channa dal - 3 tbsp
3. Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
4. Turmeric powder - 2 pinches / half tsp
5. Asafoetida - 1 pinch
6. Sesame oil - Half tsp
7. Salt - As per taste / Half tsp
8. Pepper - As per taste
1. Wash, rinse and soak toor & channa dal in a container of water for 30 minutes. (Note: Soaking is optional, if you do not have time, feel free to skip this step).
1. In a stainless steel container, add soaked dal and pour required water.
(*taken from google and wikipedia)
1. Rich in carbohydrates, folic acid, fiber, Iron.
2. Excellent source of protein.
3. Low glycemic index.
4. It helps in digestion.
5. Rich in micronutrients.
6. Gives satiating feeling
*Health Benefits of Channa Dal:
1. Helps to lower cholesterol.
2. Great source of energy.
3. High in fiber, Zinc, Calcium, Protein and folate.
4. Good for diabetic patients.
5. Low in fat.
6. Aids weight loss.*Nutrition Facts Of Dal Soup:
(*Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate)
Serving Size - 1 bowl (250 ml)
Amount per serving - 1
*(Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs).
Do try this recipe and let me know how it turns up. Leave a comment if you have any questions. Thank you for stopping by Pavi's Kitchen. Show your love by following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook. Happy cooking and have a great day:)