Cucumber Moong Dal Salad | Southekayi Kosambari | Vellarikka Kosumalli
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
1. Cucumber - 1 big
2. Yellow moong dal - 3 tbsp
3. Coconut - 2 tbsp shredded
4. Ginger - 1 inch piece grated
5. Cilantro - 5 sprigs
6. Salt - As per taste
7. Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
1. Oil - 1 tbsp
2. Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
3. Green chilis - 1
4. Red chili - 1
5. Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
6. Asafoetida - 2 pinches
1. Wash and soak the moong dal in hot water for 2 hours or soak them overnight as per your convenience. Drain the water and keep the soaked dal aside.
1. Dice the cucumber into a cube size. Take a large salad bowl, add the chopped cucumber and soaked moong dal,
4. Pour the seasoning over the salad.
5. Add some grated ginger and grated coconut. Give it a nice mix using a ladle.
6. Finally, add some salt and squeeze half a lemon over the salad. Garnish it with cilantro/coriander leaves. Keep it covered and rest the salad for 10 to 15 minutes and then serve.
Cucumber moong dal Salad /cucumber Kosambari/ vellarika kosumalli is ready to be served. Enjoy this refreshing salad in the summer season to keep yourself hydrated.
*Health Benefits of Cucumber:
1. Cucumber is a low-calorie veggie which contains 95% water.
2. It helps to flush out toxins from the body.
3. It aids digestion.
4. Rich in vitamin A, B1, B6, C, D, Folate, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium
5. It eases heartburn, stomach acid, and ulcer.
6. It is cholesterol-free, sodium-free, fat-free, gluten-free.
7. It controls blood pressure.
8. High in antioxidants
9. It strengthens bones.
10. It reduces the dark circle.
*Health Benefits of Moong Dal:
1. Yellow moong dal is a plant-based food that is high in protein.
2. It is low in fat and calorie.
3. Rich in vitamins and minerals.
4. Easily digestible.
5. It promotes hair growth.
6. Removes facial hair and suntan. Treats acne.
7. It prevents constipation.
8. It is high in potassium and calcium.
9. It reduces inflammation.
10. Low Glycemic Index.
(*Taken from google and Wikipedia).
*Nutrition Facts of Cucumber Moong Dal Salad:
(*Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate).
Check out my Carrot Moong Dal Salad Recipe
Do try this recipe and let me know how it turns up. Leave a comment if you have any questions. Follow me on Instagram and Facebook. Thank you for stopping by Pavi's Kitchen. Happy cooking and have a great day:)