strawberry recipe | Indian strawberry recipes | chocolate covered strawberries
Indian strawberry recipes | Dark chocolate covered strawberries
Strawberry recipe | Indian strawberry recipes | chocolate-covered strawberries | eggless strawberry recipe with detailed step by step photos.
I'm back with another interesting dessert recipe and it's our all-time favorite dessert Chocolate Covered Strawberry Recipe. I happened to visit the local farmers market on Saturday, and bought some fresh strawberries, it was in medium size, sweet & quite firm. I felt it was perfect to make this dessert.
Actually, I have been wanting to make this recipe at home for a very long time and just gave it a try for the first time, to my surprise, it turned out so delicious.
The melted gooey dark chocolate coated on a strawberry tasted so heavenly, my heart and stomach was so happy after eating all of them in one go:) Then, in the evening, I made another batch of choco covered strawberries for my hubby and served it for dessert. If you are a strawberry lover, do try this recipe. So, let's get started.
Recipe: Indian strawberry recipes | chocolate covered strawberries
Serves - 2 to 4
Cuisine - Continental
Course - Snack | Dessert
Prep time - 20 mins | Cook time - 30 mins
Diet - Vegetarian | Eggless
Author - Pavithra
Fresh Firm Strawberries - 15
Chocolate chips / bar - 200 grams
Oil - 1 tbsp
Water - 500ml
How to make chocolate-covered strawberry:
1. Wash and rinse the strawberries in water and dry them completely using a paper towel or a clean kitchen cloth. Take out all the moisture from the strawberries and keep it aside.
3. Place a wide glass bowl on top of the saucepan and keep some space between the glass bowl and the boiling water. (Note: This process is called the Double Boiling Method).
4. Add the chocolate chips to the glass bowl and let it melt slowly on medium flame. Add a tsp of oil to the chocolate to give a smooth and glossy texture. (Note: I used coconut oil here).
5. Keep stirring the chocolate chips using a spoon and switch off the flame once it's melted completely. (Note: The whole melting process took 20 minutes on a medium flame).
6. Now it's time to dip the strawberry into the warm melted chocolate. (Note: Berries should be completely dry before dipping into the chocolate).
7. Dip the berries using a toothpick or skewers. (Note: You can also dip the berries using your fingers by holding the green leaves).
10.Take out the berries from the freezer after 20 mins. (Note: Timing depends on the chillness of your freezer, make sure you don't keep them for long as the berries will become rock solid and it will not taste good).
11. Now, the chocolate-dipped/covered strawberries are done. Carefully, take out the pieces from the butter paper and serve it on a plate. Enjoy the delicious chocolate-covered berries.
It was quite easy to make at home and if you have some white chocolate chips in hand, melt them using the double boiling method (refer step 2 & 3) and drizzle it on top of the dark chocolate covered berries. Do try this at home and let me know how it turns up. I have attached a short video for your reference and leave a comment if you have any questions.
Click the subscribe button and follow me on Instagram and Facebook if you like my space. Thank you for stopping by Pavi's Kitchen. Stay tuned for more dessert recipes. Have a great day!