Potato Fry Recipe | Urulaikizhangu Varuval | Potato Varuval
Potato Fry Recipe | Urulaikizhangu Varuval | Potato Varuval Recipe
Potato Fry Recipe | Urulaikizhangu Varuval Recipe | Potato Varuval Recipe with a detailed step by step photos and procedure. Yay, the word "Potato" itself gives me a little excitement😇. I love potatoes, be it in any form. In Indian cooking, potatoes can be used in many ways. I include them mostly as a side dish for roti & rice and occasionally in the form of bajji, bonda, vada. I have a plan to post more such recipes in future. Today, we will see how to prepare potato fry | urulaikizhangu varuval, its a spicy and tasty side dish with rasam, sambar, thayir satham(rice) etc. When I say potato fry, it doesn't mean you have to pour so much oil to fry the potatoes. Cook the potatoes on a low flame and roast them using just 1 tbsp of oil. I learned this potato fry recipe from my amma (mom).
Recipe: Potato Fry Recipe | Urulaikizhangu Varuval | Potato Varuval
Cuisine - Indian
Course - Side dish
Prep time - 5 min | Cook time - 20 min
Diet - Vegan | Vegetarian
Author - Pavithra
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- Potatoes - 2 big
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Red Chili powder - 1 tbsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric - a pinch
- Salt - As per taste
- Hing - A Pinch
How to make potato fry recipe?
1. Wash the potatoes thoroughly in water. Peel the skin if you want and chop them vertically by half.
2. Start dicing them into 1 inch small pieces.
3. Keep a wide non-stick bottomed pan on a low flame and pour 1 tablespoon of oil. (Note: I used canola oil).
4. Once the oil is slightly warmed up, start adding all the spice powders (red chili, coriander, turmeric, hing) and salt. Make sure it doesn't burn and keep the flame on low heat.
11. The spicy potato fry is ready to be served. So the entire frying and roasting process took 15 mins on a low medium flame for 2 large potatoes.
Rasam rice and potato fry combo is a comforting and satisfying meal on any day. I have attached few rasam recipes for you to try!
Check out the Rasam Recipes:
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turns up. Stay tuned for more potato recipes and follow me on Instagram & Facebook. Thank you for stopping by Pavi's Kitchen and see you soon with another interesting recipe:)